If you are a fan of gummies, making your own is a fun way to enjoy these chewy, colorful candies at any time. Homemade gummies are a treat that both kids and adults enjoy, and making them is surprisingly simple!
In the video below I break down the Benefits of Gelatin and how to make homemade gummies.
Do you struggle to have the energy you need to do all God has called you to each day? Check out the free PDF resource I put together with 3 steps to support daily detox for better energy that actually gets to the root of the issue when it comes to fatigue!
What is gelatin made of?
Gelatin is a type of protein that’s made into a dried powder. It’s created from isolating and dehydrating parts of animals, including skin, bones, and tissue.
Uses and Benefits:
Did you know that Gelatin provides amino acids like glycine that strengthen the gut lining and therefore lower inflammation. Glycine is used by doctors to help improve digestive, joint, cardiovascular, cognitive, and skin health.
Gelatin can improve your ability to produce adequate gastric acid secretions that are needed for proper digestion and nutrient absorption. Glycine from gelatin is important for restoring a healthy mucosal lining in the stomach and facilitating the balance of digestive enzymes and stomach acid.
It is also capable of absorbing water and fluids, which helps prevent fluid retention and bloated stomach while improving constipation.
For more info on gelatin- watch the video above!
How do you make them?
- 3 cups of fruit juice (your choice) + 1 cup of water.
- In general, a ratio of 4 cups of liquid to 6 tbsp. of gelatin will give you a good consistency!
- Put 1 cup of fruit juice into a pot and add your gelatin on top (sprinkle gelatin on liquid slowly to allow the gelatin to absorb the liquid).
- Whisk it over on a low heat until dissolved.
- Take off the heat and add your sweetener (your choice, depending on the fruit juice you are using)
- Place it on a container, add the rest of the juice and the 1 cup of water, and stir.
- You may also add your choice of frozen fruits or any other add in’s you’d like!
- Place it in the fridge for a couple of hours
Cut the cold gummies into a square (your choice), and ENJOY!
Optional add in’s
- Bumbleroot powder – increases the potassium and vitamin c content. Use code KCPHARMD to save.
- L-glutamine – helps heal the gut lining
- coconut water – I replace the cup of water with coconut water to increase potassium
- doTERRA ginger oil – excellent for digestion. You could add in others here as well ( tangerine, lime or lemon would be 👌🏻) Learn more about oils here.
- Crucial Four M salt – full of minerals. Use coder KCPHARMD to save.
- Coconut milk– adds healthy fats into the gummies and a little creaminess!
When to eat them?
Really anytime! However, I find they make a really great snack during the day or a bedtime snack also.
Check out a quick how to video below!